For us at NorthTracker, it is important that you and your personal data are treated responsibly with regard to your privacy and that you find out what information we collect about you and how we use it. This is described in this policy as well as your rights and how you go about exercising your rights.
Who is responsible for personal data?
For personal data that is collected to fulfill agreements with our customers, it is often the customer himself who is responsible for personal data. NorthTracker then acts as a personal data assistant to the customer and in these cases a personal data assistant agreement is entered into between the customer and NorthTracker.
Our processing of personal data
We collect and process the personal information you provide to us, for example when you email us or use our services. Personal data that we process:
1) Contact information including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
2) Identity documents or background information that we have received from you or collected as part of our customer knowledge.
3) Payment information, payment history and possibly financial information in connection with credit rating.
4) Purchase history.
5) Information that you provide in connection with meetings, when we initiate a business relationship, via e-mail, or otherwise via oral or written contacts.
6) Information about you that we receive from other sources, such as public registers and partners.
7) Data generated automatically when using our services, such as GPS position and travel data including start and stop addresses, speeds, direction, duration, distance, temperature, digital signature, registration number and other information about car, serial number on ID card, driver’s license, employment number, position / role. Logging of user patterns, statistics and analysis data including IP address.
Purpose and legal basis of the treatment
NorthTracker processes personal data primarily as part of the implementation of the agreements we have entered into with our customers, but also for customer service, customer follow-up, customer administration, marketing and invoicing. Processing also takes place as part of fulfilling our legal obligations and to establish, assert or defend legal claims.
Once you have been in contact with NorthTracker, we may ask you what your experience was like. By participating in the customer survey, you help us improve our products and services. If you do not want to share this type of information with us, you do not need to participate in the customer survey.
Newsletter and marketing
You can receive marketing, information in the form of newsletters and news, promotions and invitations as well as system alerts about your services from NorthTracker. You can register or unsubscribe at any time to receive this communication.
How long do we store your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill our obligations to you as a customer and the purposes specified in this policy. When we store your data to fulfill legal obligations, we only store them for as long as is necessary and / or statutory for each purpose. We will carry out regular thinnings and delete personal data if they are no longer needed.
Who may receive your personal information?
In order to provide our goods and services to you, we may transfer to, or share your information with, selected third parties:
1) Banks in connection with the administration of payments.
2) Debt collection and credit information companies when loans / credits / receivables have fallen due for payment and in searches made by a credit information company in connection with the conclusion of an agreement.
3) The Swedish Tax Agency, the Police and other authorities in connection with statutory reporting or other statutory obligations.
4) External suppliers of services in areas such as accounting, support and IT.
5) Professional advisers and other personal data assistants according to personal data assistant agreements.
6) Insurance companies.
7) Third party, when necessary due to legal obligation. Should we be required to disclose your personal information due to an injunction or the like, we will inform you to the extent we are not legally prevented from doing so.
We do not transfer your personal data by selling your personal data or otherwise making your personal data available for commercial purposes without your consent.
How do we protect your personal information?
NorthTracker strives to protect your personal information and maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent inappropriate or involuntary disclosure, use, access, loss, alteration or damage of your personal data.
We only process your personal data within the EU / EEA.
According to current data protection legislation, you have a number of rights linked to our processing of your personal data.
Right of access (“register extract”)
You have the right to receive confirmation of whether personal data concerning you is processed and, if so, access to your personal data.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have incorrect or incomplete information about yourself changed / corrected.
Right to delete (“the right to be forgotten”)
If you no longer want us to save your information, you have the right to have your information deleted provided that it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. However, there may be legal obligations such as the Accounting Act which means that we can not immediately delete parts of your data. In such cases, we will only save the data that we are required by law to keep. If the processing is based on consent and this is revoked, your information will be deleted.
Right to restriction
You have the right to demand that the processing be restricted (if you deny that the personal data is correct, if the processing is illegal and you request restriction instead of deletion, if you need the data for a legal claim or if you have objected to the processing and are awaiting a check).
Right to object to certain types of treatment
If your personal data is processed on the basis of a public or legitimate interest, you have the right to object to the processing. For example, you have the right to object to your data being processed for marketing purposes.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, generally used and machine-readable format. This applies if the processing takes place automatically and is based on your consent or an agreement to which you are a party. You also have the right to request that this information be transferred to another personal data controller if this is technically possible.
Right to withdraw consent
If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you can revoke the consent at any time.
The NorthTracker BLE app
The NorthTracker BLE app uses position/location data from the phone. Positioning is used to position the various Bluetooth devices and display them on a map. This is to get an overview and control over where the material that is equipped with a Bluetooth device from NorthTracker is located.
You can manually set the app to search for the Bluetooth devices in the background to simplify and automate the search for the devices. The location service also might be fetched and saved in a background to help user track their BLE devices in a map.
Bluetooth is used to search and find Bluetooth devices from NorthTracker. When the app is in contact with the device, it can read the distance to the Bluetooth device. For one of the two different Bluetooth models from NorthTracker, the app can also read temperature, humidity and whether the device is in motion.
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
If you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data, you have the right to send a complaint to the Swedish Data Inspectorate, which is the Swedish supervisory authority. You can find Datainspektionen’s contact information at www.datainspektionen.se.